As our last three weeks begin we will have some changes:
Math grading is essentially complete. I will send out progress reports later this week and will accept makeup work through Friday, June 26. I will NOT adjust grades after that point.
For students in my homebase, we will still have spelling, vocab, writing, and independent reading assignments that will go towards final grades. Comprehension, fluency and expression, and handwriting grades are performance based and have been entered. If you would like me to reassess your child after seeing their progress report, please let me know. I am also accepting makeup work through Friday, June 26.
We will be keeping students in homebase all day. This will allow us to do longer projects, get Fountas & Pinnell reading assessments done, and do all the "fun" stuff that has to wait for after testing. (Truth be told, I always think school is fun, but that's probably why I do what I do!)
As a reminder, school is out on THURSDAY, JULY 2 at 3:25.
If you have older children who I have taught in the past, I would love to have them come by for a visit before I leave Columbia.
We are seeing some flu in the 6th grade. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Let's err on the side of caution at this point!
Let's finish strong!

1 comment:
For my time i played Bloroxs. This game is absolutely pointless but if you re done with everything that you have done for the rest of the day, then it would be a fun thing to do when you are finished with other things.
~~AC~~
Post a Comment