Monday, April 6, 2009

news from medical leave

I have not forgotten about you, oh great ones!

There have been some setbacks along my road to recovery but am now feeling good and on track for an April 15 return.  

While I have been gone students in homebase have been doing some really great literature activities and some reading/science activities.  I'm pretty jealous that I haven't been there - especially for the Marley & Me and the free verse poetry.  Those are both a lot of fun.

In math the students have been getting ready for the year-end tests with instruction about how to use the student reference sheet and the formulas and tables on it, review of previously taught skills, and depending on time, they may be starting some work with algebraic expressions.  

A big shout out to J.D. Copier, my sub, as well as Mrs. Bostwick, Mr. Wright and Mrs. Hamilton for their help in keeping things running smoothly during my absence.

See you soon!

No comments: